Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Sewing Overdrive



I'm glad my sewing machine and I are finally becoming friends!

My sewing machine is about to blow up! LOL, not really, but it got a work-out this weekend. I tried some new projects from some web tutorials and I can't wait to share my creations. You'll have to wait until tomorrow, though, because I don't have photos yet.

Until then, I'll leaving you with some sewing trivia.

Did you know:
  • The first tissue patterns, cut and folded by members of the Butterick family, were introduced to the public in 1863.

  • Needles used for sewing have been in use since the Primeval time when they were made with bone, ivory or thorns, having a hook instead of an eye.

  • The most expensive sewing machine ever sold went for a total of 23,500 pounds sterling -- that's over $41,000 -- in auction in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails