Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

DIY Etched Mirror

Another great project from Southern Living, this one in the May issue. Elevate a plain $15 mirror to become a decorative, etched stunner with a craft knife and etching cream.

Click on the photo for the tutorial.  What a great way to transform those flea market/garage sale finds! 

Use the same technique to personalize glassware.

This is one medium I have not tried yet.  Do you have experience with etching cream?  Do share!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I love the mirror and the glasses!! I have never tried etching before but it's sure something to think about..Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made a really cute mirror. I love etching. It turns something plain into something adorable.

    Thanks for visiting me over at Pittypat Paperie and leaving such a nice comment. Come again anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Greek Key pattern...hmmm, that gives me ideas. You are always so good at sparking my creative juices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those ideas! especially those glasses!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails