Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Beaded Spider Headband

I had been planning on making a beaded spider headband even before I saw a cute tutorial over at Tatertots and Jello. I saw a similar headband selling in a local store for $20 but thanks to the generous folks at Artbeads.com, I made mine for next to nothing! IMG_2113IMG_2119IMG_2117So here’s how I made my creepy crawly headwear…. IMG_2089

I used some black plastic beads I had on hand along with some Swarovski crystal beads and a large Swarovski rhinestone from Artbeads.comIMG_2088You’ll also need a headband, some jewelry wire, needle nose pliers, a small piece of felt, and hot glue (not pictured).

IMG_2090 Cut four lengths of wire an equal length in proportion to your center crystal and lay them across the piece of felt, gathering them in the center.

IMG_2091

Hot glue your center crystal on top of the wire and the felt. IMG_2092IMG_2093 IMG_2094 Now just start stringing your beads on the wire in any pattern you choose.  After stringing the beads on each leg, use the needle nose pliers to curl the wire into a loop to secure the beads.

IMG_2095 Now trim the felt so it doesn’t show behind the rhinestone.  IMG_2097

Hot glue the spider onto your headband.

 IMG_2100IMG_2101

Trim another piece of felt and glue it on the underside of the headband.

IMG_2102

Crimp and arrange your little spider legs and enjoy!

IMG_2135

IMG_2116 

*Disclosure: Some of the materials used in this project  were kindly provided free-of-charge by Artbeads.com, within the frames of Artbeads.com blogging program.  I have not received any compensation from Artbeads.com. The post above represents my honest personal opinion.

Sharing with the following parties:

Wednesday

Show and Tell Greenwhateverwed

Thursday

 Get your craft on Thurs. giveawaysshowoffyourstuffbuttonHookingupwithHoHPhotobucket

Friday

 Favorite Things Friday_25fffbigbutton2Weekend Bloggy Reading

Saturday

weekendwrapup 

 

17 comments:

  1. Gosh Christy, that is way too cute! The same kind of design could be made with some polymer clay beads as well. Perfect for this time of year! (Or everyday for some of those Goth Girls. :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, I love this and it is something that would be a kick to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun piece! I love the beads and it looks very cool. Thanks, have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hah, what a great idea! I hate spiders but would consider wearing on in my hair for halloween after seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll call it "Spooky Chic." ;) Very cool idea!!! I could see something like that selling well on Etsy or in a cute boutique. :) Thanks so much for linking up with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love this! What a great conversation piece. Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im your newest follower! Id love for you to check out my blog http://craftycierra.blogspot.com/ & follow me back! I would love to do a blog swap with you! If your interested, please email me at CierraLarsen@hotmail.com! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I features this on my blog today..

    kimboscrafts.blogspot.com
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to the store to buy some beads this morning I guess! :) Super cute idea! I'll be posting it on my blog- www.redpunzel.blogspot.com Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My version is up on my blog! (Redpunzel.blogspot.com) So cute and really pretty quick to make! I had a couple little adjustments to make (size mainly) but other than that I made it just the same as yours! Thanks again for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Thanks so much..
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to let you know that I featured this on FTF this week! Come stop by and take a featured button if you would like! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with this headband! I think I'd wear it all October long :)

    Would you mind if I linked to your tutorial from my new holiday craft site: www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com ?

    Let me know if that would be okay!

    Thanks!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rachel,
    Of course it is fine if you would like to link to my project on your site. I hope you read this, there was no email associated with your blogger profile, which makes it easier to return comments. I tried using the "contact us" feature on your website but it didn't work.
    Thanks,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails