Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Jungle Safari Baby Shower Cake

My mom was a hostess of a baby shower last weekend and I just had to share the cute cake she made.  She bought some fondant at Michael’s, colored it, and shaped it into little jungle animals, which she set on the 3 tiered cake iced with buttercream frosting:

cake

She also made polka dots and zebra stripes out of the fondant.  I was so impressed with her animal-making skills!  These kind of cakes sell for hundreds of dollars around here, so to think that she created this with less than $20 and a little lot of time is pretty incredible.

elephant

She said she learned how to make the animals on You Tube!

elephant2

The detail she put into them is just amazing. 

monkeytigertiger2

Of course my favorite is the tiger with her cute little pink bow!

tiger3

I’ll share more details from the shower decorations next week, just wait until you see the amazing diaper cake she made!

Sharing with the following parties:

Favorite Things Friday_25Weekend Bloggy Reading

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS CAKE!!! The little animals are amazing!! Your mom is so talented. I can't imagine being able to do that after watching a You Tube video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Totally Awesome! I saw you at Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge.

    Today is my blog's first linky party. I would love for you to add this: http://koolbeenz-blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Funky%20Fresh%20Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word!!! That is an exceptionally cute (and lovely!) cake. I'd feel guilty for cutting into it. ;)

    Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Hope you'll visit me at Serenity Now again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter!!!!!! It look's like so delicious thank you for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails