Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Musings

"The English language lacks the words 'to mourn an absence.' For the loss of a parent, grandparent, spouse, child or friend we have all manner of words and phrases, some helpful, some not. Still, we are conditioned to say something, even if it is only 'I am sorry for your loss.' But for an absence, for someone who was never there at all, we are wordless to capture that particular emptiness. For those who deeply want children and are denied them, those missing babies hover like silent, ephemeral shadows over their lives. Who can describe the feel of a tiny hand that is never held?"

                                                                                      ~Laura Bush

2 comments:

  1. This speaks to my heart as it is the battle my sister and her husband are going through right now. They are not giving up hope, but are every day struggling with seeing others become pregnant and have babies to love when they have been so far denied. I pray for comfort for all of those in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is touching! My husband and I struggled for 2 and a half years with infertility before God blessed us with our son and now daughter. I will NEVER forget the empty feeling or pain in my heart of longing for that baby. My heart goes out to and breaks for those still waiting for their miracle! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails